I have a little more clarification about my two paths. Tonight, I attended the Memphis City Schools Orff Concert. It was awesome, in the most true definition of the word. I have never been more impressed. I sat there by myself at this concert, waiting to create my opinion. The minute it started, I began to cry. I cried for at least 30 minutes. But I was smiling the whole time. I'm sure I looked a little nutty.
I can't believe that I have the opportunity to teach in this district. There were 133 Orff teachers listed in the concert program. I felt so small, which is how I should feel at 27. This district gives me so much room to grow. Their expectation is high.
Right now, I feel so confident in continuing my career as an Orff teacher. It is no accident that God has brought me here. We never would have moved from the Bay Area for me to go to grad school or teach in a better district. I'm amazed that God brought us here for other reasons, and this is just a perk! I feel like God really loves me and wants the best for me. He wants to give me the opportunities to learn and grow and be the best teacher I can be. I feel like He has blessed my obedience. Tonight, He has shown me a picture of things to come.
Lord, thank you for such a beautiful evening. Thank you for your love and care. You have given me such an incredible gift in bringing me to this city. I am so blessed. Help me to know how big my plate is. As I interview, help me know how much to work, and how many classes to take. Help me balance between motherhood and Orffhood.
Thursday, March 30, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment