Saturday, March 04, 2006
mommyhood
It's been busy in Memphis the last few weeks. I'm applying to the Univ. of Memphis which is occupying the majority of my spare time. My next project is to apply to teach in the Memphis City schools, then apply for my Tennessee teaching credential. Considering that it has taken me about three weeks to complete this grad school application, I'm anticipating that I'll be working on these other applications until Jesus comes. I feel that I have no time to do anything I want to do. I only have time to do the things I have to do. I guess that's the life of a mom. I do watch the occassional Gilmore Girls (okay, everyday I watch that show) and movies (last night I watched the new Pride and Prejudice--didn't care for it). I would love to spend a day shopping with my sister--and actually have some money to spend! I would love to scrapbook the last six months of Adam's life--yes, I'm already six months behind! I guess that's not too much to complain about. Pretty trivial. I would love to sleep eight hours a night at least once a week. That happened once this week. I felt like a new woman. I think I got 4 hours of sleep last night, but that was interrupted by a two hour cry from my little man who stubbornly refused to go back to sleep. I've spoiled him. And last night, at 2 am, I resolved to stop feeding him during the middle of the night. That is a hard lesson for both of us to learn. He's so cute that I want to give him everything he asks for, but we all know what would come of that. So, I'm learning to be a parent and make the tough decisions. I love my life as a mom though. It may sound like I'm complaining, but overall, this is the best job ever. Adam is learning so much right now. He is so eager to take in life. I want to give him every opportunity to learn. Speaking of learning, we became members of the Memphis Zoo yesterday. We saw many of God's creations that are rare finds today. Adam didn't quite understand how cool it was, but one day he will. I can't wait for him to ask questions like "why is that monkeys bottom pink?" and for us to find the answers together. I can't wait to see what his favorite animal will be. Will he like the monkeys like Robert, or the panda bears like me? I'm so excited for his future. Memphis is going to be a great place for him to grow up. I'm falling in love with this city. I'm so happy we are here.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment