Saturday, March 18, 2006

A Day Off

It wasn't really a day off--but I had a day to myself for the first time in nine months yesterday. Robert took Adam to Mississippi for the day to visit family. It was also the first time in nine months that I had been separated from Adam for a lengthy period of time. But it was a good day for everyone. I got all of my applications done--City Schools, Grad School, and Tennessee Dept. of Ed...Now it is all out of my hands, which feels great! It took most of the day to finish those, but now it's not hanging over my head. I slept great last night knowing that I had completed my "to do" list. It's getting cooler in Memphis, so maybe we will experience a true spring before the heat comes.

We are heading to Munford for the weekend. It will be good to get out of the city for a few days. We are singing/speaking in two churches tomorrow about Project Mustard Seed. Adam will get to play with a lot of kids in the nurseries at these churches. Some of our college friends, Jenny and Kevin, have a son, Owen, who is Adam's age. Owen will be the first friend Adam has met that is close to his age. I hope they have fun together. Jenny and Kevin were newlyweds when Robert and I met in college. They are fun people. They always said that they would name their children after the places where they were conceived. I'll have to ask them about that.

No comments: