Saturday, February 18, 2006

Iced In

We have begun our fourth week in Memphis. We woke up this morning to freezing rain and sleet. The last few days have been rather warm and comfortable. In the 60's and 70's. I think I like the weather like this. It's very unpredictable. We had to cancel our weekend plans though. We were supposed to visit Robert's family in Mississippi today and speak at a church tomorrow. But, everything has shut down. I didn't watch movies all day like I did last weekend when it snowed. We worked all day writing and editing the Project Mustard Seed proposal. It pretty much consumed the whole day--when I wasn't being mom to Adam. He has his first cold. But, he's in great spirits. I think he learned how to wave bye-bye today. We'll see if he remembers how to do it tomorrow.

We made an offer on a house yesterday. I love the house, but my hands are open. I'll be sad if we don't get it, but I know that the Lord has a place for us. I like this house the most, because I can see us living there for a very long time. We will have room to grow into it. Adam likes it best because it is fully carpeted. Hardwood floors are nice, but carpet is more practical for us during this phase of life! We'll see what happens!

No comments: