Tuesday, February 14, 2006

The ride

Today is Valentine's Day. 9 years ago today, Robert and I had one of our first real dates--walking around downtown Memphis. We live just a few minutes away from the place where we had that date. What a journey the last nine years have been. Some would say we've come full circle. I think our journey is like a roller coaster at LibertyLand. We've just made the first loop-de-loop. It's a little scary to me. I love the thrill of roller coasters, but I hang on for dear life the entire ride. Robert likes to ride with his hands high in the air. I remember discovering this analogy six years ago when we moved to the Bay area. It was a scary time for me. It ended up being a great ride. Now, I think we're on the ride where we move slowly into complete darkness, where you can't even see your hand in front of your face. You know that your hand is there, and that your friend is next to you, but you can't see anything. I know that the Lord knows my steps and is wanting me to have the faith to trust Him for each step. So that's what I'm praying for.

No comments: