Well, it's official. I'm a thirty-somethinger! I think it's gonna be great! My birthday was sweet and special. First, Robert and Adam serenaded me in bed with a loud and off-key rendition of Happy Birthday. Then they served me cinnamon rolls and Starbuck's coffee (reserved only for special occasions.) Adam then led me on a treasure hunt to find all of my birthday presents. We played "hot" and "cold" until I found about five books that Robert had ordered from my amazon.com wish list. I can't wait to read them! Something about the nesting phase that has made me book crazy for mothering books!
I have to say that the sweetest gift, that brought tears to my eyes, was about mid-morning when Adam bounded into the living room and yelled "I know mommy, let's watch GILMORE GIRLS!!" This is obviously a "mommy-show," not an "Adam-show" as he calls them. And most times, when I am watching GG's, he whines to watch an "Adam-show." This little gift was clearly his way of thinking of me on my special day. We snuggled on the couch and watched about ten minutes of GG's before he got distracted and ran off to play. Short, sweet, and it made my day!
The rest of my day was spent planting two flats of impatiens in my yard while listening to my ipod, and then spending time with my sister and Robert's family at the Cooper-Young Art Auction, where the entire neighborhood came out for a great time!
Only four more days until the Pride and Prejudice slumber party!
Monday, April 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment