Well, the interview at the Jewish preschool went remarkably well today. I went in with hands open asking God to clearly show me if I should take this job if it was offered. The job was offered, and I think I'm going to accept... I walked into this building and felt all confusion go away. I smiled through the entire tour of the facility. Each classroom I saw, each child I watched, each teacher I met made me feel more and more like I should be here. More importantly, as a parent, it is a place that I would happily send Adam. During the interview, I had the opportunity to describe our ministry and church planting. It was a strange concept for the director to understand, but knowing I was a Christian, she quickly brought in her Assistant Director to talk with me about working in a Jewish setting. At first, I assumed this woman was Jewish also, but come to find out, she's Christian and her husband is a Methodist minister. She has worked at the preschool for 17 years and sees it as her ministry. She began to share with me how she has prayed for her Jewish co-workers for many years and then she pointed out which teachers were also Christian. She also shared that she has been praying that another Christian would join the faculty, so she was excited that I was considering it.
My concern about what they could pay me was dispelled when she said I would probably start at $28/hour. For Tennessee, that's really good, and it is definately competitive with Memphis City Schools. As you can see from yesterday's post, this isn't what I planned, but it seems that God has directed my steps. I see now, that this will be a wonderful experience for our family--the right hours, the right place for Adam, a new experience for me--it just seems to be all good!
After I came home from the interview, I checked my e-mail to see that the University of Memphis had awarded me a $1000 scholarship for my summer classes! This completely shocked me because I had no idea I could even qualify for any kind of scholarship! God is taking care of us, and that feels really great! Praise God from whom all blessing flow!
Wednesday, May 17, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment