Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Orff

I get to act like a buffoon for two weeks this summer. I've had this opportunity many summers over the past few years. I imagine that I'll get to do this for many summers to come. Getting a Master's in Orff Schulwerk is much like getting a Master's in being a kid again. Today, I've banged on instruments, pranced around like dozens of animals, imitated the sounds of dozens of animals, sung silly songs (even one about Vodka!), and joked around with my classmates. It has to be the most fun any person could have while in graduate school! I thought I would have a tough time leaving Adam, but he is having a good time with my mom while I'm gone during the day.

I miss teaching. I've loved having most of this year off to be a mommy, but I really enjoy teaching and am ready to get back. As I'm learning so many things in this class, I want to visualize how I'll apply it. But I only imagine my Hillside kids and classroom. I don't know what situation I'll be in next, so I can't imagine it yet. This makes me miss Hillside.

No comments: