In the last few months, God has been leading me to pray for perspective. He gave me a picture (and I LOVE when He speaks to me through pictures and analogies!) of an i-phone. I don't have one, but occasionally I will play with Robert's. It comes in handy when he's watching sports and I get bored. I've learned sudoku. Anyway, on an i-phone, you can very easily zoom in and zoom out by simply moving your fingers together or apart.
I've known for a while that I've become too sensitive and bogged down with my small world. I felt the walls of my house getting smaller and smaller. The same with the walls of my church and my neighborhood. My attention had been zoomed in so much that every little thing began to bother me and stress me. Worry began to consume me. I began asking God to help me zoom out and hopefully gain some perspective. So how did God answer my prayer and help me zoom out?
He brought me out of the city for a few days. He gave me 5 wonderful days in a row with my husband (while the little ones had a blast with Nana). He gave me time with my dear friend and "thread", Debbie, who encouraged me and "popped in" for a while. He also inspired me through the stories of 3000 urban missionaries. He gave me girl time with Meredith and other new friends. He reminded me of where I've been and where He is taking me. He reminded me that His plan is big and while He loves me so much, He is big enough to care for my little problems that a week ago consumed me.
Not only is He the God of Abraham, the God of yesterday, today, and tomorrow, but He's the God who has provided my every need every time. Why do I so easily forget this?

1 comment:
this is such a good picture. i love it. and i had SO much fun with you this weekend!
Post a Comment