Thursday, June 15, 2006

The sun is not my friend

A lot is going on related to some of my previous posts, but at the moment, I don't feel like writing about it. So, soon I'll try to write an update.

For now, I just have to vent that the sun, who has always been a delightful friend, has turned on me. I am suffering from a severe sunburn all over the tops of my legs. Yesterday, Adam and I met a college friend and her children at the YMCA waterpark in Millington. I lathered my fair-skinned boy in 50 block sunscreen. However, I only put sunscreen on my arms and shoulders, thinking I would be in the water most of the time, and my legs wouldn't see the sun much.

Adam really hated the waterpark and clung to me for dear life, so we spent most of our time snuggling on the lawn chair, with my legs completely exposed to the sun. We did spend some time in the indoor pool, where the water was warm, and I assume Adam felt like he was swimming in a wet diaper. He got pretty comfortable in his inflatable seat and nearly dosed off a few times had it not been for some children splashing him.

The good news: I've learned this painful lesson early enough that I will do anything to not repeat it throughout the summer, especially during our vacation in a few weeks.

No comments: