So, most mornings, around 6 or 6:30, I'll hear a thud (Adam jumping out of his bed), then his bedroom door creaking open, then our bedroom door creaking open, and if I keep my eyes shut, he'll go over to Robert's side of the bed and crawl into bed between us. Some mornings, I stay asleep (I really LOVE my sleep), and let Robert do the morning duties. Other mornings, I slowly open my eyes to find my little prince, two inches from my face, staring back at me while still sucking his thumb. (We're working on that, but what can I say, he'll only be small once!)
Two mornings a week, Robert is out of the house for meetings before this scenario takes place, so Adam just gets in bed with me until my eyes open. Today was one of these mornings and I was greeted with a "mom, I thought you had two heads!" I replied, "Really? Did that scare you?" To which he responded, "Of course not! I'm not scared of you." Of course.
Then he continued, "I had a dream last night. I went into my classroom and there was a big scary monster. Everyone was afraid. But I stabbed the monster's skin, and the whole class cheered for me!" (this conversation is even funnier if you remember that he cannot say his r's or l's!)
I'm afraid he has inherited my dream patterns of saving the world (or class) from disaster. I once saved the San Francisco Giants from a tsunami... I can't wait to hear about his other superhero adventures!

1 comment:
adorable!!
Post a Comment