Thursday, January 21, 2010

Micah the Rocker



Last weekend, we discovered that, even with a serious temperament, Micah is a rocker. It started with the preparation for Walt's 5th birthday party at Rock'n'Romp. The invitation said to come dressed like a rocker. We already know that Adam can keep a beat, and knew that Micah could sing. What we discovered after I spiked Micah's hair, was that he can really own the rocker persona.

At Rock'n'Romp, which was hosted by the Center for Southern Folklore:

1. Micah learned to run (and in a sea of hundreds of kids and parents, this wasn't easy for either of us.)

2. Micah learned to sit'n'spin as if he's been doing it his whole life; and

3. Micah learned to rock, like head bang, scream your head off and dance, kind of rock.

I loved it! And at this age, he was in my arms or lap for most of the rockin'. SO much fun. I know it won't be long before I'll cramp his style. But we had a great time and I loved learning just a little more about this little man in my life!

Of course, Adam always rocks this look.

Yes, his hair is purple...


Adam calls their band "Star Wars Musical."


1 comment:

Virginia said...

The boys make AWESOME rockers! I laughed out loud at Adam's pose with his arms crossed.