When Adam was a baby, Robert and I would joke that he had "tiny brains" and no matter how fussy or difficult he was, we were smarter and bigger. We would compare his brain to our dog, Jack, watching for the day that Adam grew as smart as Jack. Then we watched as Adam became a little more smarter than Jack-dog. Then alot smarter than Jack-dog (which is about the point that Aunt Megan rescued Jack from our home and the little terrorizer who always cast Jack in the role of the dragon he was trying to slay. And yes, I have watched Marley and Me and felt a twinge of guilt at that part of the movie when they decided NOT to give away the dog!)
Well, in the last month, we've discovered that Adam's "tiny brains" are not so tiny anymore. We applied for him to enter the CLUE program in Memphis City Schools (the gifted education program) and he went through the IQ testing. He qualified and began the new CLUE preschool class yesterday at Downtown Elementary. His best friends, Walt and CJ, were already in the class and gave him a great welcome. He came home singing about continents. I said, "so you learned about continents today?" He gave me his puzzled look and asked, "How did you learn about continents before me?"
I know it won't be long before I'm wondering if his tiny brain has surpassed mine. I hope I treasure this time as much as you possibly can!
Adam, before Clue, standing at his growth chart. 43" tall today!

No comments:
Post a Comment