Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Peabody Kindergarten 2010

We had a great dinner and discussion last night with about 6 families in Midtown who are considering sending their 4 year olds to Kindergarten at Peabody next fall. (2 more families couldn't attend, but have pretty much committed to Peabody.) Ms. Jones, the principal, and Ms. Malland, a Kindergarten teacher, both came to share information with parents and answer questions.

It was exciting for me to see these families and hear what their decision making process has been like. It is also interesting to hear the views of both newcomers to Memphis, and long-time Memphians or private educated versus public educated parents. Everyone comes to a discussion like this with such different backgrounds and different values. I love it and love the diversity of opinions it brings.

I think we will gather again in January after folks have had a chance to observe the Kindergarten classrooms and attend the Open House. Then we'll see what people are planning to do! There is definitely a lot of buzz about Peabody around Midtown now. I'm glad people are starting to consider it!

No comments: